Your privacy is critically important to us. At InviteMember, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason or legal basis to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We do not monetize your data.
- We collect any data only on lawful grounds.
InviteMember Platform is membership bot platform designed to allow anyone – from bloggers, to podcasters, small business owners, and enterprises – to build and manage membership bots for Telegram. These membership bots allow charging a subscription fee in order to access private Telegram channels and supergroups. Our mission is to democratize publishing and community management.
- Our website (invitemember.com);
- Our Telegram bot (@InviteMemberBot);
- Other user’s membership Telegram bots that use our Services.
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Membership Bot Information: If you use our Services to sell products or services to others through your membership bot built with InviteMember Platform, you will have to create an InviteMember project (or several) and provide us with some information to make your membership bot work. This may include project name, description, resources (like private Telegram channels and supergroups), subscription plans (names, description, prices, included resources). You may also provide us with some extra information about your account at 3rd-party payment provider to set up an integration.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (such as for your membership bot). For example, if you write your membership bot description that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with e-mail, country, credentials for your Telegram bot (API token) and your payment provider accounts.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services, for example, when you browse our website or create/make changes to your membership bots with @InviteMemberBot.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that membership bot administrators and users perform, in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on our website, our Telegram bot (@InviteMemberBot) or membership bots built with InviteMember Platform (e.g., [Telegram user ID] created a new subscription plan “[title of plan]” at [time/date]). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
- Telegram Profile: When you open @InviteMemberBot (or one of our user`s membership bots for the first time) or log in using Telegram Login Widget on our website, we collect information about your Telegram profile that we receive from Telegram. This includes your Telegram user ID and may include your first and last name, username and language code.
- Payment providers: We may also get information from payment providers that you integrate with InviteMember Platform in order to accept payments from your customers with your membership bot. For example, if you connect your payment provider account (like Stripe via Stripe Connect), we will receive information from that service (such as API keys, account ID) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
Information We Do Not Collect
- Payment Information: InviteMember does not process payments from users and instead relies on different payment providers around the world (like Stripe). It is the payment providers that handle and store your credit card details. Neither InviteMember nor Telegram have access to this information. Although we work with payment providers they are completely independent from InviteMember. Please study their relevant privacy policies before making your data available to them.
- We do not collect or process any sensitive data, that is also prohibited by Art. 9 GDPR, unless it is required by applicable law of jurisdiction, for example, in the event of court order. Under most circumstances, the types of data listed below will not be processed:
- race or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade union memberships;
- genetic or biometric data;
- health or mortality;
- sex life or sexual orientation.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services, for example, to set up, host and maintain your membership bot, backup and restore your membership bot, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services, for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their membership bots more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of InviteMember and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example, through an email, about offers and promotions offered by InviteMember and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on InviteMember and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- the use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account, for example, in order to enable access to our InviteMember website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- the use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- the use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- you have given us your consent.
For more understanding of how we collect your personal data we placed the conform information in table below: